Thursday, August 17, 2017

A WRAP UP, MY GOODBYE, AND AN ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi All,

I just wanted to send out a last email thanking everyone for an amazing season. I've coached for the Lindon Storm Swim Team the past three summers and have loved it! Unfortunately, this was my last season. We are off to medical school next summer and starting a new adventure! 

I will be sure that the transfer to the next head coach goes smoothly so we can keep a good thing going. If you guys have any feedback for what could be done better next year, please email me so I can pass it on to the next coach. I already have quite a few ideas how to make things better with tryout/registration and a few other things. So, please share any ideas you may have!

Just a few things to wrap up the season...
  • Please be aware that if volunteer hours were not completed or a fee paid, this may affect your standing for next year's swim team. So, you might want to make sure your parent volunteer hours are filled/have been updated if you plan on coming back.  The city may also be sending out invoices. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AMjBp3TENBvj_lnLqUOxYx8bDLFW7w_derHpfkGjV-s/edit?usp=sharing
  • Come in and grab your awards if you were unable to make it to the end of the season party! They are in the front office and organized by family name. Only take your awards, not your file folder. 
  • The Gold Meet Results have been updated. There were some issues on some of the events. https://lindonswimteam.blogspot.com/p/meet-results.html
  • We still have a few swimmers who have not picked up their t-shirts. If that's you, come and pick them up at the pool.
  • Adult swim class goes until Sept. 1. We are likely going to be changing the time to later so you can come after you drop your kids off at school. So, email us if you are interested in coming even just for a day! You pay per class you attend and will likely come up with a flat fee if you want to come a lot. We will be sending a group email or text to those wanting to attend. Pass it on to your friends that may be interested. Flyer attached below.
  • If you want to do private swim lessons during the winter/fall, you can always hit up any of the swim coaches. Just email us at lindonswimteam@gmail.com and we can set something up and find a pool that would work. 
  • Check the blog early next year for when tryouts will be held - They will most likely be early May. Put it in your calendar now! :)
  • Every year I try to put together a slide show. Here is a link to the 2017 slide show >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovzamw7axO4
  • Just keep swimming!
An Announcement

Last, but not least, I wanted to share with my swim family some exciting news! Most of you may already know, but we are expecting a new addition to join our family in Feb. 2018!! I'm sure many of you guessed this was the reason I was absent for so many days throughout the season. Morning sickness is a real thing! Thanks for your patience and support! Big shout out to my amazing coaches this season. I LITERALLY could not have done it without them. 

I'd love to stay in touch with all our swimmers and friends I've made these three years, so feel free to follow me on Instagram @themedschoolwife_kristi. If your swimmer is swimming high school this year, I'd love to come watch them compete so let me know!

Thank you again for a great season and all your support! Keep the Lindon Storm Swim Team running strong!

Inline image 1

-- 
Best,

Head Swim Coach
Kristi Hargiss



No comments:

Post a Comment